Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Please her, please him, buy totebags


According to the Iron & Wine web presence, Sunday’s purchase is not a shopping bag but a totebag. This is a new word for me. I doubt it has anything to do with the gambling emporium. I can’t imagine Sam Beam putting a fiver each-way on the 5.15 at Kempton Park. Here’s a picture of the official Iron & Wine totebag to render all readers of these humble pages green with envy.

I have been having enormous fun here. You can create your own Bob Dylan Subterranean Homesick Blues message which you then email to a comrade. You surely know the ‘video’ to that song; the boy Dylan peels off page after page of lyrics as the ditty plays. He doesn’t mime or anything as uncool as that. You can merrily view the original here. Anyway, the clever website permits you to choose what goes on the sheets. This allowed me to send J an unusual thank you letter for driving me to Bristol on Sunday night; S, D and A should have received a list of my favourite Gloucester rugby players from yesteryear surreally revealed by the folk genius/hepcat.

No comments: