Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gravy


Here’s a pleasing picture of The Young Knives at the Guildhall taken by A2 and remitted to me via electronic mail. I thank him for it. I see the band is heavily tipped to play Glastonbury this year and, if I attend, I shall seek the fellows out earnestly. The Coles have pencilled in a trip to the Two Thousand Trees festival in July. This event won – or was shortlisted for – the best small festival in The Guardian last year. Art Brut, headliners this year, lure us; the sardonic tunesmiths remain the Cole family’s new favourite band. The Green Man roster is filling up sweetly and I am keen to witness The National, Beirut. Super Furry Animals, School of Language and Richard Thompson in the Welsh countryside, plying their musical trade with gusto.

I met a man who hails from New Jersey yesterday as I went about my business. My opening sortie to the fellow was misguided and unfortunate and, twenty-fours later, I regret my foolishness and am haunted by a soupcon of embarrassment. Not everyone from that state is an expert on The Sopranos as I discovered to my cost.

No comments: