Monday, July 28, 2008

Vert Enough


The Green Man Festival is galloping up on the rails; there’s just over a fortnight to go and I’m excited and praying it stays dry. If the weather is like today’s – warm, dry and blue of sky – I’ll be very satisfied. I’m contemplating who I’m most keen on seeing. I would suggest The National is my ‘must-see’ and, indeed, the Sunday line-up looks rather tasty. Iron & Wine and Pentangle complete a hat trick of splendid acts but I’m also keen on Laura Marling and I’ve read such splendid things about Damien Jurado that I’ve snuck onto Amazon today and ordered two or three of his albums. That makes a hat trick plus two. On the Saturday, School of Language bring their off-kilter, angular art rock to Brecon. They precede legends Richard Thompson (I’m really keen to see him) and Super Furry Animals on the main stage. I’ll avoiding Lightspeed Champion like the proverbial plague and lamenting the clash of the Super Furries with Badly Drawn Boy who is strangely playing the tiny Green Man Café. Do you know, nothing stands out on the Friday yet? Spiritualized doesn’t inspire me too much and I don’t really know a great deal about King Creosote or Drive-by Truckers. Maybe I should just go with the flow.

No comments: