Monday, January 05, 2009

Untitled


I was back to work ce matin, driving carefully through the snow covered backstreets of Longlevens before continuing my commute on the frost-free thoroughfare the cognoscenti call ‘The Golden Valley’. A new (to us) motor car (a Peugeot Partner, as you’re asking) propelled me along, allowing me, for the first time ever, to listen to one of those new-fangled CDs while I spun the steerin’ wheel towards the nearby spa town. I’m going to try and listen, on a more regular basis, to the monthly free CD that comes with Word Magazine and features loads of new sounds. Earlier, en voiture, I listened to a cracking track from the new Paul McCartney/The Fireman LP and a gorgeous song by A Camp that I certainly recall hearing on 6Music recently.

I typed yesterday’s entry while listening to Super Furry Animals’ Fuzzy Logic album while tonight I wrote the spurious nonsense you see above while tapping my foot to the same band’s Radiator long player. I congratulate the esoteric Welsh combo for tempting these ears two nights in succession.

No comments: