Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dont tell your poppa or he'll get us locked up in fright

I knew I’d like it eventually. The Aliens’ Astronomy For Dogs has proved a slow burner but my perseverance has paid off. This is a fine recording and I’m playing it more and more and really digging it, man. It is not always possible to listen to some music and simultaneously think, ‘This is really clever’ and ‘This is really melodic and pleasing’ but Astronomy For Dogs allows one to indulge in an array of blistering tunes and toe-tapping numbers while nodding appreciatively at the verve and innovation on display. Along with offerings by Field Music and Maps, this is an early contender for this august website’s Album of the Year, and a shoe-in for Album of the First Half of the Year. I both endorse it and congratulate it.

No comments: