Sunday, December 14, 2008

Give us a song/glove



A few small pieces of housekeeping today.

First of all, I have my lift back from London Irish sorted out.

Mrs Cole appeared on Shaun Keavany’s BBC 6Music Breakfast Show last Thursday. She was discussing Merrie Gloucester on the ‘Toast the Nation’ slot, suggesting some interesting facts about the dear place and picking a suitable song to play. The number in question was Elvis Costello’s Everyday I Write The Book commemorating Gloucester’s role in the commission of the Domesday Book. The whole thing can be found on the show’s Listen Again facility (fast forward until 1 hour 14 minutes) until next Wednesday. I apologise in advance for my wife’s use of the word ‘town’ to describe our place of dwelling.

I hate to make readers jealous but I’m publishing images of our Joan As Police Woman oven glove today.

No comments: