Tuesday, March 22, 2005

1. The Fall, 2. Wilko Johnson

The Gloucester Guildhall calendar has been announced for April, May and June and, as ever, a few evenings out spring off the screen along with a few to miss. I shall certainly want to attend the Wilko Johnson gig in May which will prove the fourth occasion I have seen the maestro in action. Apart from The Fall whom I’ve seen 15 (?) times, I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone else as many as four times (for the statisticians, I don’t include festival appearances) so, blimey, well done Wilko. A number of films catch the eye too and I shall want to watch Sideways the week after next and A Very Long Engagement too. I rather fancy The Life Aquatic with Bill Murray. I like his films; Lost in Translation (awe-inspiring soundtrack) was superb and I have watched Groundhog Day a number of times and always think that’s a clever and witty film.

I’m now scrutinising every last brain cell to remember if I’ve seen any other live act four times. I have seen loads of bands two times (The Pixies, The Mighty Lemon Drops, My Bloody Valentine, The House of Love, Throwing Muses, The Smiths etc.) but three or even four? S might be able to help.