Friday, March 04, 2005

Yootha Joyce

A pale, poorly fellow here and a rare day off work to mope around swigging cough mixture straight out of the bottle and popping neurofen like there’s no tomorrow. It’s unusual to have the day to oneself and, although unwell, I haven’t wasted my time, watching the Man About The House TV tie-in feature film as well as Countdown all the way through. I even got the conundrum. I didn’t get the Man About The House film though. Perhaps it was a satire. George and Mildred Roper were, of course, wonderful. Mildred: Those cigarettes will be the death of you, George. Have another one. I even attempted to watch Murder She Wrote (something I have never tried before) using the Ceefax subtitles while I listened to the Radio 4 afternoon play. It was a truly psychedelic experience. Back to bed. I need to be fit for the weekend.