Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Come on England!

Another migraine last night. I was woken by that rotten spectrum of lights at 12.26 am and then struggled to return to sleep. It must be the weather but part of me sheepishly reckons I could be playing my now MP3 Player too loud and that this is what is chewing the veins in my brain. Serves me right. Anyhow, I shall lie down and relax in a few minutes and watch the England gals take on Denmark in the Euro ’05 championships. It’s a tough life.

A few rumours, the first for a while, have been appearing on the various message boards today. The Bob Casey deal might be back on and we are also looking at a young South African lock called Francois Van Schouwenburg who plays for the Blue Bulls. It seems Steve Bates may be on his way as backs coach with Dean Ryan seemingly set for the poisoned chalice that is the Director of Rugby post. James Bailey and Alex Page, neither of whom were Premiership class in my eyes, both look set to leave Kingsholm. I’ve been rather down about the whole Gloucester RFC scene recently but these rumours somehow have cheered me.