Friday, July 13, 2007

Choosing Choices


The line up for the Green Man Festival has been finalised and cleverly fitted into the above graphical representation of the weekend’s frolics. Click on the image and, verily, gentle reader, it shall grow magically before your very eyes. I observe that Martin Stephenson is playing and I didn’t know that until five minutes ago. He clashes, it seems, with Joanna Newsom and I’m tempted to trot to the Green Man CafĂ© to witness the affable Northerner and his charming songsmithery. Saturday sees a huge skirmish between the Main Stage and the Folkey Dokey (I’m not sure I admire that expression) Stage; the choice between Robert Plant, Vashti Bunyan and Richmond Fontaine and Battles, Fridge and the wondrous James Yorkston is regrettable and almost heartbreaking. On the Sunday, I’m tempted to plump for The Aliens over Stephen Malkmus. I’m not quite sure what Malkmus is doing at Green Man, to be frank.

No comments: