Saturday, September 13, 2008

A change of speed, a change of style


The above photograph may be diminutive but it represents history for a pair of reasons. Not only is it the first image produced by a camera on a mobile phone (cell phone for my American readers) to be sent to me – a delirious and euphoric A doing the honours – but, also, the scoreboard indicates a fine and first win for the noble players of Gloucester over the arriviste hordes of Bath Spa at their Recreation Ground. The affable S joined me in my very front parlour to view proceedings via a telecast Richard Branson and Rupert Murdoch had combined most kindly to provide for us. My word, the battle was thrilling and close; a brace of Gloucester tries from the speedy Narraway and the alert Walker seemingly placed the away side in an unconquerable position before a late and brave Bath fightback almost snatched victory for the blue, black and white clad fellows. Although possibly papering over a few cracks in my favoured team’s make-up, the result was, as they say, everything and should be lauded loudly.

No comments: