Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cheer

I shall venture to Kingsholm tomorrow to cheer on the Cherry and Whites against the hordes from Leinster. Disappointingly, there is nothing to play for for the home team except old-fashioned pride and, worringly, Leinster, with a dazzling array of backs on display, will be seeking a substantial victory in order to further their hopes of a home tie in the quarter-finals. I fear for my favoured team but look forward to and hope for a gritty performance, plenty of ‘dog’ and, perhaps, a memorable and morale boosting result. If nothing else, it will be remarkable to witness the world’s best centre, Brian O’Driscoll plying his trade at the historic ground.

I downloaded a couple more Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy albums today. I have popped Master and Everyone and I See a Darkness onto my MP3 player and shall give them a listen tonight. All the reviews I have read lavish praise upon these recordings.

No comments: