Wednesday, May 28, 2008

...a large Neopolitan


I am unused to manual labour so the above photograph possesses novelty value if nothing else. The path I am captured drilling/breaking so masterfully belonged, until recently, to our next-door neighbours; some sovereigns and guineas changed hands and we now own half their rear garden. I am not a gardening type but the prospect excites. Yesterday was spent, all hands to the pump, breaking concrete paths, dealing with unwanted and unsightly erections and ferrying wheelbarrow loads of hardcore to our sturdy custard-hued skip. My once smooth and elegant paws are now cut, grazed and rough. I ache. It was worth it though. The plan is to purchase a small summerhouse and to create a quiet area for contemplation and reflection. The first thing I shall reflect upon and contemplate will be how relieved I am that I don’t have to wield a medium duty electric breaker for a living.

No comments: