Friday, February 10, 2006

Fast Team


I have played the Mogwai album a couple or three times now and it is superb. I feel a post-rock phase coming on and I and keen to investigate more Mogwai (I already own Come On Die Young) and other bands dealing in brooding melancholia and atmospherically building mood pieces. It’s got to be the way forward. ‘Young Team’ is by no stretch of the imagination a bundle of laughs but its studied intelligence and understated melody render it a pleasure to savour.

To Kingsholm tonight and a decimated Gloucester outfit hosting a decimated Leicester. A speedy Gloucester forward pack will take the field and it will be interesting to see how the likes of Merrimen, Forrester and Pendlebury play against bulkier and more uncompromising opponents. The stadium under lights always adds something to the occasion and I anticipate a fine atmosphere this evening.

No comments: