Thursday, January 20, 2005

Looking Ahead

Almost Friday. Plenty to look forward to. Friday night it is The Fall documentary. Saturday brings the voyeuristic pleasure/displeasure of watching the latest episode in the soap opera, ‘Gloucester RFC’. Sunday will be Sunday and I believe there‘s an Observer Music Monthly out. Monday, I’m taking Theo, for the first time, to a meeting of the Woodcraft Folk, a sort of scouts for hippies by all accounts, and I’m keen to discover what that’s all about. On Tuesday there’s a school chess match (and I confess to enjoying this more than the rugby at times, especially as silverware is within our grasp!) followed by the highlight of the year thus far, Gang of Four at the Bristol Academy.

Summer is a while away but I’m looking forward to a week in Dingle immensely. I’m supping plenty of ‘English Guinness’ so the ‘Irish Guinness’ will taste all the better in August. The research is certainly fun.