Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Taking the Michael out of Bath

I’m not sure what to think about the reports linking Bath and England centre Mike Tindall with Gloucester. My concerns lie with the amount of time an England player would be away from his club and whether the £150,000 per annum we are offering the fellow constitutes v.f.m.. I do believe Tindall to be a fine player though, nothing flashy, but the sort of rugged, uncompromising footballer we could probably do with. I would ditch the disappointing Mauger completely, retain Fanolua as a sort of squad dude and all-purpose large-haired talisman and partner Zara’s bloke with Henry Paul. On balance I hope the guy joins if only to create a minor feel good factor at a time when the club needs some hearty news to cheer us.

Spoke to S on the telephone and discussed revision for the upcoming Gang of Four concert. We both anticipate that most songs will be from the astonishing debut Entertainment and so this shall form the backbone of my listening for the next fortnight. If they open with At Home He’s a Tourist, I may have to leave after only forty seconds as nothing thereafter could ever improve upon Andy Gill’s fractured, angular guitar intro to the song. I fear it would be downhill from there however fine the rest of the set might prove.