Friday, April 29, 2005

Almost the end of the season

A busy week indeed and little time to attend to these pages. I’m pleased that the city club has signed the nuggety and combative scrum half Peter Richards from Wasps. Like Balding last term, he comes from a club which knows all about winning and competing fiercely so I hope he adds something special to our squad. Notably, he’ll be paid less than some of the big name scrum halves linked to Gloucester so we can strengthen elsewhere – hopefully full back, wing and second row.

I feel that Saracens will prove too strong for the noble Cherries tomorrow. Their side looks impressive in all departments. Damage limitation will be the first priority and any win will prove an almighty bonus for the lads. I look forward to watching Olly Morgan make his full first fifteen debut. I rate the lad. He was also very polite to me at Open Day which was mightily well received.