Saturday, April 02, 2005

You spurn my natural emotions

A little worse for wear today after last night Bacchanalia at The Buzzcocks gig at The Guildhall. The legends were on sublime form, no spiel between songs but plenty of energy and hit after hit after hit. Steve Diggle on guitar appeared to be loving the occasion and was full of smiles and joviality. Peter Shelley seemed more taciturn but song writing geniuses are allowed to be thus. Both men spat a good deal. Shelley drank from a bottle of water while the hearty Diggle supped from a pint. That sums the pair up nicely. I got my Promises which I had yearned for but S missed out on his Everybody’s Happy Nowadays. There have to be winners and losers at ageing punk gigs. Other highlights included a fizzing Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)?, a cracking version of What Do I Get? that hit the audience for six and a dignified Oh Shit. It was a fine evening and I shall try to write more tomorrow when I return to full health.

I went to Asda today to buy some hoover bags and ended up buying a copy of 'The Band' by The Band. It cost £3.97, a bargain. Funnily enough I was discussing this album with S in Cafe Rene (my favourite Gloucester pub) last evening as I had especially enjoyed an extended feature on The Band in this month's Uncut. I haven't played it yet.