Friday, February 04, 2005

Electronica





A double Warp Records source of delight today. Prefuse 73 and Autechre both have new albums out soon and both acts are due to tour - although I‘m not convinced I could cope with a couple of hours of Autechre on stage. Of course it is Boards of Canada that I am desperate to hear new sounds from and I would love there to be a Warp hat trick with a new album from the reclusive Scottish pair.

Gloucester play away at Quins tomorrow and I anticipate a fiercely fought football match. The NEC sponsored outfit will be scrapping for their Premiership lives from now until the end of season and they will regard a below par Gloucester side as potential rich pickings. A lot will depend on the Gloucester pack which looks solid but lacking in pace a little bit. Bezuidenhout has disappointed this season and has often appeared off the pace. He has definitely not proved the awesome ball carrier I had hoped for and his much vaunted scrummaging power has never materialised. Again, I shall settle for any win on the morrow and feel that the silky skills of James Simpson-Daniel may prove the difference between the two sides. Last week’s improved performances from Boer, Gomarsall and Paul will need to be built on while I anticipate a hands-off-my-shirt blast from Fanolua as the Tindall rumours continue.