Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ostrich

Nothing much to write about ce soir. I’m adopting an ostrich pose in all matters Gloucester. I’m too maudlin about the current state of affairs and the knowledge that my team could surrender so timidly at the weekend. I realise that we simply don’t have good enough players right now. I’m not sure I enjoy going to watch games as much as I used to. Ten years ago we had gates of 5,000 while now Kingsholm regularly attracts 13,000 paying punters. I can’t help but think the atmosphere has diminished in that time and that Kingsholm has become less witty, more bitter, less intimidating and more quiet. Maybe because I was younger it seemed noisier and more passionate but I can't help wondering what impact, other than parting with their readies, the extra 8,000 makes?