Saturday, February 26, 2005

Quiet Saturday

A quietish day. The Welsh win against France was wonderful and thrilling and held me on the edge of my seat throughout. I’m not the most patriotic person but, nevertheless, I am keen for an Irish victory tomorrow against England. I am fairly sure I’ll be at the Millennium Stadium for the Wales/Ireland clash and I would relish a Grand Slam decider. What an occasion that would be. I fell asleep during the Scotland vs. Italy match despite my intention to watch Gloucester target Chris Cusiter like a hawk. In the bits I did catch he passed well and appeared sharp and clever. We'll have him.

Have relaxed today and done little of note. I have made a tape for the car - Franz Ferdinand on one side and Gang of Four Peel Sessions on the other. Guitars are back in chez Cole although I have been revisiting DJ Shadow’s The Private Press a fair bit over the past few days. Endtroducing remains one of my favourite albums, a sublime mix of samples and fusions, and while The Private Press, the follow up, doesn’t hit its heights, it remains a worthy and intelligent hour and a bit of instrumental hip-hop.