Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I suppose I'd better go to the rugby again....

My thoughts are turning slowly to Saturday and the visit of Bath. It seems Jake Boer may be making way for James Forrester in the back row and I hope that, in what will prove an almighty scrap, we don’t miss the skipper’s relentless hard work too much. I actually feel sorry for the honest Boer and sense a touch of desperation in Melville’s decision. In the past two or three years Forrester has provided me with some of the most exciting rugby I’ve seen from an individual in the famed stripes but the jury is out this season; his fitness and commitment don’t quite seem high enough. I hope Seti Kiole has played his last game for Gloucester for the wise heads of Malone and Barkley will cruelly expose him if he is selected on Saturday. Mark Foster is four times the player the Tongan will ever be and should play in his stead if necessary although I suspect Simpson-Daniel and Garvey will wear 11 and 14. As things stand I believe Kiole to be the worst player I have ever seen represent Gloucester although I will give that some careful thought over the next day or so.

Further research throws more light on The Fall playing Twister at Cheltenham Town Hall. It transpires that it was both the first and last time the band played that very fine track live. We were lucky indeed.